Across The Border
Immensely popular with travellers who seek a jam-packed combo tour of both India and Nepal, Across The Border guarantees the perfect itinerary at the best prices.
Immensely popular with travellers who seek a jam-packed combo tour of both India and Nepal, Across The Border guarantees the perfect itinerary at the best prices. The route for the Hop-On, Hop-Off tour is New Delhi to Kathmandu via Jaipur, Bharatpur, Agra, Lucknow, Varanasi, Pokhara and Chitwan National Park. The major attractions that fall on this route are:
- Delhi’s Red Fort, Chandni Chowk and Jama Masjid
- Jaipur’s Amer Fort, Hawa Mahal and City Palace
- Bharatpur’s Keoladeo National Park and Bharatpur Palace
- Agra’s Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri and Agra Fort
- Lucknow’s Bara and Chota Imambara and Janeshwar Mishra Park
- Varanasi’s Ganges boat ride from Dashashwamedh Ghat
- Pokhara’s rafting adventure
- Chitwan National Park
- And Kathmandu’s Durbar Square, Swayambhunath and Budhanilkantha Temple
New Delhi To Jaipur
- JantarMantar – Located adjacent to City Palace, Jantarmantar is a proof of India’s progressive approach in Science even in Pre historic days. It is an observatory with the much renowned Sun dial that calculates time with precision and, predicts eclipses and location of stars. It is currently a member of UNESCO’s world heritage sites.
- Galta – This is the famous Monkey temple of Jaipur with hundreds of simians that include monkeys, macaques and langurs.
- Hawa Mahal – This is the intricately honey comb structured five storied palace, made of pink sandstone.Other notable locations to visit include Sisodiya Rani Palace Garden, Nahargarh and, Birla Lakshmi Narayan temple.
FROM TO DEPART ARRIVE New Delhi Jaipur 11.45 P.M 05.45 P.M
Jaipur To Bharatpur
- Associated with the brave Indo-Synthian tribes that go way long back to 100 AD, this place has been a recipient of cultures from myriad clans like Rajputs, Muslims, Marathas and even, British.
- Apart from its rich cultural heritage, Bharatpur is very famous for its Keoladeo National Park that was formerly known as Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary. This park endowed with a dense forest cover, is a home to rare and exotic birds like Siberian crane which, is found no where else but in Siberia. Bharatpur has been declared as UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- On the festival front, months of February and March brim with celebrations of the famous BrijMahotsav. Other festive events include Gangaur and Teej that are exclusive to women.
Bharatpur To Agra
- • The first thing that comes to mind on hearing about Agra is the exotically constructed marble mausoleum – Taj Mahal that also happens to be one of the eight wonders in the world. This beautiful architectural masterpiece that majestically stands on a 186 x 186 feet raised square platform was erected by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in the memory of his wife – ArjumandBano Begum around 1648 AD. This monument has been defined by Rabindra Nath Tagore as ‘a tear on the face of eternity’ that shall remain ‘a tender elegy in marble’ to the world.
- • The other tourist attraction of Agra is the ghost city of Fatehpur Sikri. It is believed that Akbar, the great emperor of 16th century visited a saint – Shaikh Salim Chishti, to seek blessings for the want of heir. The blessings became a reality when Akbar was blessed with three sons after 26 years. Hence, he built this city and named it – Fatehpur Sikri, the city of victory!
- • Agra is also a home to other eclectic architectural wonders such as Chausat Khamba, Roman Catholic Cemetery, also known as Red Taj Mahal, Mariam’s tomb, the tomb of Rajput Princess Mariam Zamani, the wife of Emperor Akbar, Chhatris of Raja Jaswant Singh, Agra Fort, also known as Fort Rouge which is made of Red sandstone (This is a UNESCO World heritage site) and Sheesh Mahal (The Royal Dressing room with walls adorned with glass mosaic decorations).
Agra To Lucknow
- • With a perfect cocktail of cultures influenced under the sophisticated British and regal Nawabs, Lucknow is a food lover’s paradise. The lip smacking Avadhi cuisines, the aromatic Lucknawi Biryanis and kebabs are indeed the stairway to gourmet heaven for passionate food lovers and critics.
- • Some of the undeniably delectable kebabs include the famous Galauti Kebab, Boti kebab, tunday kebab. For meat lovers, Rogan Josh is a treat with the perfect combination of soft and spicy. And then, there is a special piece of heaven for chat lovers in the form of tokri chat. Other lip smacking snacks include Sheermaals (Sweetened Indian bread with saffron) and MalaikiGilori. Lucknowipaan cannot be missed for the world!
Lucknow To Varanasi
Varanasi To Katmandu